National Current Events League
The National Current Events League consists of four (4) meets (contests) held at your school during the school year. Each Meet consists of 30 multiple choice questions and may be administered comfortably within one class period. Each of the Meets will be based on current events in the following time frame:
|Time Period||Meet Date|
|September 1 – October 6, 2022||October 20, 2022|
|October 7 – December 8, 2022||January 5, 2023|
|December 9 – January 19, 2023||February 2, 2023|
|January 20 – February 23, 2023||March 9, 2023|
- You will download a PDF file of the questions for each Contest you enter.
- Please duplicate as many copies as you need.
- Answer keys will be provided.
- There is no limit to the number of students who may participate.
- The students are to work independently on the questions.
- Each test is to be proctored and graded by the school.
- The top ten individual’s names and their scores are to be posted on our website.
- The sum of these top ten scores is the school’s team score. All schools can view the results on our website following each Meet.
- Each Meet will consist of 30 multiple-choice questions.
- Each Meet has a time limit of 25 minutes and may be comfortably administered within one class period.
- This will allow you time to discuss the meet immediately after it has taken place.
- The questions will be selected from the following areas and will be appropriate to the individual grade level involved: General News, Arts & Entertainment, Science & Health, Business & Finance, Sports.
- Each team will receive 11 awards- 1 medal and 10 certificates.
- Each additional team that your school registers entitles you to receive 1 additional set of awards.
- There are also individual and team awards on the national level.
Results Cut-off Dates
- These are the dates you must enter your scores by to have your school listed on the results report. If you miss this date, you should still enter your scores late so that your cumulative scores are correct on future meets.
- Meet 1 = Meet 1 = 11/14, Meet 2 = 1/30, Meet 3 = 2/27, Meet 4 =3/27
- The first team is $80 and each additional team is $55
- Discounts will be reflected in the shopping cart
- Click on the large NCEL logo above the grade level you want.
- A page will open where you can download a sample test.
Registration is now open for the 2022-2023 Contest year
Showing all 56 results
Showing all 56 results