National Social Studies League
Any date from April 24 through May 5, 2017.
- The Contest for grade 2 consists of 25 questions, for grades 3 and 4, 35 questions and grades 5 and 6, 40 questions.
- These questions are based on topics in American Studies, Geography of the United States, and United States government appropriate to each grade level.
- The Contest for grades 7,8,and 9, consisting of 50 questions, deals with these same topic areas with the content of the questions appropriate to those grade levels.
- There are two contests for Senior High School students- one in American History and the other in World History with the emphasis on Europe.
- Each of these Contests consists of 50 questions.
- Each Contest (for all grade levels mentioned above) consists of multiple choice questions.
- Each Contest has a time limit of 35 minutes and may be comfortably administered within one class period.
- You will download a PDF file of the questions for each Contest you enter.
- Please duplicate as many copies as you need.
- Answer keys will be provided.
- There is no limit to the number of students who may participate.
- While the Contest contains a few difficult questions requiring creative thought, most of the questions are suitable for the majority of your students.
- The students are to work independently on the questions.
- Each test is to be proctored and graded by the school.
- The top ten individual’s names and their scores are to be entered on our website.
- The sum of these top ten scores is the school’s team score.
- All schools can view the results on our website.
- Each team will receive 11 awards- 1 medal and 10 certificates.
- Each additional team that your school registers entitles you to receive 1 additional set of awards.
- There are also individual and team awards on the national level.
Results Cut-off Date
- This is the date you must enter your scores by to have your school listed on the results report.
- May 21, 2017
- The first two teams are $105 and each additional team is $55
- Discounts will be reflected in the shopping cart
- Click on the large NSSL logo above the grade level you want.
- A page will open where you can download a sample test.
Please register by purchasing meets below by April 24, 2017
Showing all 10 results
NSSL – Grade 2 (2016-2017)$105.00 Add to cart
NSSL – Grade 3 (2016-2017)$105.00 Add to cart
NSSL – Grade 4 (2016-2017)$105.00 Add to cart
NSSL – Grade 5 (2016-2017)$105.00 Add to cart
NSSL – Grade 6 (2016-2017)$105.00 Add to cart
NSSL – Grade 7 (2016-2017)$105.00 Add to cart
NSSL – Grade 8 (2016-2017)$105.00 Add to cart
NSSL – Grade 9 (2016-2017)$105.00 Add to cart
NSSL – American History (2016-2017)$105.00 Add to cart
NSSL – World History (2016-2017)$105.00 Add to cart
Showing all 10 results